Sportsnet Hockey Help Fund Application Procedure
1. SPORTSNET HOCKEY HELP FUND.
(a) The Sportsnet Hockey Help Fund (the “Fund”) is brought to you by Rogers Media Inc. (“Rogers”) and was established to assist more Canadians participation in the game of hockey.
(b) Eligible selected groups will be provided with a financial award from the Fund to:
- a. Assist and support groups or organizations across the country to overcome any issues or obstacles in order to take part and participate in the game of hockey;
- b. Help provide easier entry and access to the game to all Canadians; and
- c. Promote the game on a national level as part of our National identity and history; (subsections a., b., and c. individually and together known as the “Goals”).
(c) The application period (the “Application Period”) is limited to between 4:00 pm EST on December 20, 2017 and 11:59 pm EST on March 15, 2018 and subject to this Application Procedure, including without limitation the conditions of Application Procedure set forth below.
1. HOW TO APPLY.
(a) Submit a completed application form (the “Application”) through either the online Application or download, complete and mail in the Application.
- (a) Online Application, applicant submission: To apply to the Fund, go to sportsnet.ca/hockeyday during the Application Period and click on the Fund banners, buttons and/or links to access the online Application. Complete the online Application as instructed and submit your Application as instructed during the Application Period.
- (b) Mail-in application: During the Application Period, download, complete and mail in the Application, to the attention of “Sportsnet Hockey Help Fund” at One Ted Rogers Way, Toronto, ON M4Y 3B7 for one (1) Application into the Fund. Mail-in entries must be received within the Application Period to be valid.
(b) Application LIMIT: Only one (1) Application per group, per Application Period.
2. SELECTION OF RECIPIENTS.
Staff members of Rogers or representatives of the board of the Fund (“Fund Board/Rogers”) will evaluate all eligible Applications. The potential recipients will be notified using the information provided at the time of Application. In the event any potential recipient does not respond to such notification within ten (10) business days, declines an award for any reason, and/or does not meet the requirements set forth in this Application Procedure, as determined by the Fund Board/Rogers in their absolute discretion, such recipient will be disqualified, the award will be forfeited and, in the Fund Board/Rogers’ discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential recipient may be selected or such Fund award may be cancelled.
3. CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION.
By applying to this Fund, you:
- (a) agree to be bound by this Application Procedure, including without limitation the eligibility requirements set forth below;
- (b) agree to be bound by the decisions of Rogers and their representatives, or the Fund Board, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive (without appeal) on all matters relating to the Fund;
- (c) represent and warrant that your Application, including any material comprising your Application (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your Application (e.g. written submission, or other form of submission, etc., as applicable) (collectively, the “Application Material”) (i) is original to you, and that you have all necessary rights in and to your Application Material to apply the Fund, including, without limitation, the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Application Material, and (ii) does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Rogers in its sole discretion;
- (d) understand and agree that: (i) your Application (including any Application Material) may not be returned to you upon submission to the Fund and may be refused as an Application to this Fund, as determined by Rogers in its sole discretion; and (ii) Rogers may, in its absolute discretion, moderate and/or remove and/or edit any Application Material, including to blur out any trademarks or to remove any copyrighted content or otherwise unsuitable content (as determined by Rogers);
- (e) grant to Rogers a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and unlimited licence to use your Application, including the Application Material, in any media and for any purpose related to the Fund (or any substantially similar Fund), including without limitation the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, alter, or create derivative works from, the Application and/or Application Material, without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you; and
- (f) waive all claims of moral rights in your Application and/or Application Material and in any use thereof in accordance with these Application Procedure.
(a) The Fund is open to all Canadian not-for-profit organizations and charities as well as individuals and other groups undertaking non-commercial activities, all of whom must be legal residents of Canada. The Applicant must be of the age of majority in his or her Province of residence. A parent or legal guardian of a minor may be the Applicant on behalf of a group of minor(s). In the event a group is selected as a recipient and members of the group are minors, a parent or legal guardian of any minor participating in the group must, prior to participating in any events funded by an award, sign a release permitting the minor to participate in any event by an award in accordance with this Application Procedure.
(b) The following individuals are not eligible to apply to the Fund:
- (i) employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of: (1) the Fund Board and Rogers and their parent and affiliated companies, and (2) any and all other companies associated with the Fund;
- (ii) a household member of any of the individuals listed in (i), above, whether or not related; and
- (iii) members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, and sibling) of the individuals listed in (i), above, regardless of where they reside.
(c) Rogers shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to apply the Fund. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied for the purpose of the Fund must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Rogers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Applicant should such an Applicant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
(d) Applicants cannot be encumbered by any sponsorship obligations.
(a) Rogers reserves the right to determine the number and amounts of each Fund award and may elect to not make any award from the Fund in any given year. Awards are non-recurring.
(b) In order to receive an award, the recipient must sign the appropriate documentation and the award will be made subject to the following conditions:
- (iv) use of any Rogers trademark, logo, design or any other mark must be pre-approved by Rogers in writing;
- (v) all event participants must sign a Rogers-approved release prior to their participation;
- (vi) Rogers has the right to attend any event funded by the Fund;
- (vii) no other broadcaster can have sponsor status at any event funded by the Fund;
- (viii) Rogers must be represented in all promotional and communications material produced by the recipient for the event; and
- (ix) recipients must provide a full accounting and final cost report to Rogers detailing the use of the award for their event within 60 days of the end of the event.
6. RELEASE OF LIABILITY, INDEMNITY.
By applying this Fund, you: (a) agree to remise, release and forever discharge the Fund Board and Rogers, their respective parent and affiliated companies, any and all other companies associated with the Fund , and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, accounts, claims, damages or liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including, without limitation, costs or losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, and rights of publicity, personality, privacy and/or intellectual property (each, a “Claim”) arising out of, or in any way related to, your participation in the Fund and/or the awarding, receipt or rejection, possession, use and/or misuse of any Fund award (or any portion thereof), or any travel or activity that is related to the receipt or use of any Fund award; and (b) agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees from and against any and all Claims arising from (i) your breach of this Application Procedure, including the breach of any representations or warranties contained herein, (ii) your participation in the Fund, (iii) your acceptance or rejection, possession, use and/or misuse of any Fund award (or any portion thereof), if applicable, or (iv) the use of any Application Material in accordance with the rights granted in this Application Procedure.
2. CONSENT TO PUBLICITY.
By accepting a Fund award, if applicable, you agree to be available and participate in reasonable promotional requests and you authorize Rogers and each of its respective licensees, successors, assigns, agents, representatives and employees the right, licence and permission to record, photograph and/or otherwise capture or document you and/or your likeness, including without limitation your voice and any statements you may make regarding the Fund award, by any available means, and to use any such recordings, photographs or documents, as well as your image and/or likeness appearing therein, and your biographical information, including your name, city and province/territory of residence, throughout the world and in perpetuity, in all manner and media, whether now known or hereafter devised, for advertising or promotional purposes relating to the Fund (or any substantially similar Fund), without limitation and without compensation or additional consideration, notification, or permission of any kind, unless prohibited by law; and you waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in respect of any materials produced pursuant to the foregoing, including without limitation rights of inspection, approval, compensation, additional consideration or notification, and moral rights.
3. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
The Releasees are not responsible for: (a) stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled Applications, transmissions, email or mail; (b) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider, website, or other connections, including those through and/or by any website; (c) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (d) failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; (e) non-delivered, misdirected, blocked, or delayed email notifications; (f) printing, typographical or other errors appearing within this Application Procedure, in any Fund-related advertisements or other materials; or (g) any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Fund, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Fund, the processing of entries, the announcement of the award or in any Fund-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any event. The Releasees are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, including without limitation where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Fund. The Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to Applicants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Fund or downloading materials from or use of any website.
(a) Laws and Rules. This Fund will be run in accordance with this Application Procedure, which shall be subject to amendment by Rogers without notice or liability to you. You must comply with this Application Procedure and will be deemed to have received and understood this Application Procedure by participating or attempting to participate in this Fund. The terms of this Fund, as set out in this Application Procedure, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein. This Fund is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. This Application Procedure is governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
(b) Cancel and Amend. Rogers reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend this Fund or to amend this Application Procedure at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Fund is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, bug, corruption, security breach or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Rogers, Rogers reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Fund.
(a) Conduct. Rogers reserves the right, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice, and/or ban from this Fund and any future Funds, any Applicant that they find to be: violating these Application Procedure; tampering or attempting to tamper with the application process or the operation of the Fund or any Fund website; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Fund. Any attempt by an Applicant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Fund may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, Rogers reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
(a) Identity of Online Applicant. If a dispute arises regarding the identity of any online Applicant, the applicable Application will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the account provided at the time of application. An Applicant may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the account associated with a particular Application. The individual assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning the applicable type of account is considered the authorized account holder. Whether or not an individual constitutes the authorized account holder in question will be determined by Rogers in its sole discretion; and, if the name of the authorized account holder does not accord with the full name provided at the time of application, the applicable Application may be disqualified in Rogers’ absolute discretion.